Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Playing the turn against various opponents
Section 11 - Part 3 - 1 Min 25 - Table 2 - AKs
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 20, 2018
1:41 am
RandomRivers
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Alton.
First can I say thank you for the excellent value of your book/course. It has been perfect for helping me return to the game.
In the video Section 11 – Part 3 – 1 Min 25 – Table 2 – AKs
Even though villain folds on the flop. On that turn what opponents would you check back the turn?  also would you ever check that turn OOP after betting the flop?

Again Thank you so much for all your help and the great course

Mike

January 25, 2018
2:35 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 272
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Mike,

I replied to your comment on the video comment last week, but just in case you didn’t see it, I’ll include it here too:

I think how we play the turn, whether we’re in or out of position depends on the range we put our opponent on. We have to determine our opponent’s 3-bet flatting range and then flop c-bet calling range based on the board texture, as well as our perceived range. Using that info, we can determine if we think we have decent fold equity or not on the turn and either c-bet or check accordingly. In this scenario, villain’s 3-bet flatting range maybe fairly wide (AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, 22-JJ, suited connectors / one-gappers, etc.). If he calls the flop c-bet and the turn is a low card, then we should probably check because he’s not folding a lot of pairs and we’re ahead of his broadway cards. In position, we can check and see the river for free. Out of position, we check/call or check/fold if he c-bets depending on his sizing.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

Markku: 38

simonL: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

RandomRivers: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 201

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 212

Newest Members:

tmoney, SeverusRock, Hilarity_Ensues, ZackCruickshank, Sanz, JCalls, DeargDue, TheDarkSoda, Deltax112, Superstickboy

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 272