Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Getting the post from your HM2/PT4
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 23, 2018
6:11 am
RandomRivers
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I would love an in depth course on how to you your database to find common leaks. 

Various things you can check for leaks. Giving the hand sample you need for it to be accurate. Then how to filter it and check your stats against what should be average ish. Then I can learn the basic stats I should have at the micros and maybe see where I could improve. 

I think a lot of micro stakes players including myself play about but don’t really get to check even the most common leaks or alter according to improve in that area. So for example maybe a lot of beginners don’t cbet the flop enough. Then could give examples of multiway dry type boards where we could bet small and take it down a high percentage when everyone checks to us.

Maybe check hands that we are calling oop etc

Even something that covers day the 10 most common mistakes. How to filter. Why our stats maybe too high it low and what would be common adjustments. 

Could also follow this on with a more advanced course for the harder the spot leaks. 

I know this will possibly be difficult but I would love some sort of structure/lessons on how to go about starting to learn how to use the information we have in our databases and the stages we need to do in order to improve our game and use that information. 

Thanks and thanks for all the help you have given me so far. I’m back to loving the game 

January 25, 2018
2:40 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 269

I don’t plan on offering a course like this because I haven’t done the in-depth research to know optimal HUD stats for all situations, but I know there are some courses out there. There used to be some on GrinderSchool (but their paid training site is closed). I think Carroters did some videos on it.

I think more than looking at your HUD stats for leaks, I think its more important to know “why” you should (for example) c-bet or not c-bet. You need to understand the various factors that go into all of this. I replied to one of your other posts regarding my latest book, Master Micro Stakes Poker. This book covers all of that, teaching and explaining “why” and “why not” you should do something based on the numerous factors that go into every pre-flop and post-flop decision.

Also – another thing with HUD stats. Certain HUD stats will be fine for one player type, but not optimal for another – so saying you have a leak because your steal, c-bet, or 3-bet stat is either too high or too low, doesn’t address specific player types. I’m an advocate of using HUD stats to look at your general play and your opponent’s playing style, but not an advocate of relying on HUD stats too much.

Hope this helps.

January 29, 2018
10:01 am
RandomRivers
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Great. Thanks for all the info and help. Will check out all your suggestions. 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

Markku: 36

simonL: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

Oli: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 187

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 204

Newest Members:

HunHef, Stephengut, catchsteve, benguela, sailorllc, diegodoss2412, slacker86, DougS, StephenGrant, devilatoru

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 269