6 max vs full ring  

RSS

crance99
(@crance99)
Eminent Member
August 23, 2017 12:13 am  

I have usually always played full ring games, but most teaching videos all show 6 max. What is the main difference in play between them, and what playing styles favor each.

I use to be a loose passive, but after your courses im more of a TAG but a little NITish. I have now been killing 20nl on global poker over the lasr 1200 hands im up 300bb. I have been doing this by reading players and making moves on them and waiting for good hands and postion.

Should i continue on full ring, or is it more profitable at 6max? 

ReplyQuote
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
(@microgrinder)
Member Admin
August 25, 2017 9:08 am  

I prefer 6-max over Full Ring because the game is more action packed with less players and tends to be quicker. Since the orbits are quicker, you play more hands in late position and the blinds...forcing more action. I haven't played full ring in years, but how you play depends on table dynamics. In general - you have to play a lot tighter in EP in Full Ring just because there so many people left to act, so the probability that someone wakes up with a strong hand is a lot greater in Full Ring vs. 6-Max.

If you're crushing 20nl on Global Poker...just keep doing what you're doing. You're doing the right thing tightening up your game there because you need card range & equity advantage over the calling stations that never fold, but will pay off monsters.

I wouldn't say one or the other is more profitable...its just that 6-max is more popular.

ReplyQuote
Share: