Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Global Poker vs Sites that can use Poker Tracker 4
September 12, 2017
1:51 pm
crance99
Members
Forum Posts: 40
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I wanted to figure out how much difference their is playing Global vs other sites. I figure without PT4 everyone has to make lots of changes. Does everyone find it harder or easier to play with Global. Also i know Global is a soft game, but how soft. If i'm killing NL20 on Global what level would that be on normal sites? 

September 12, 2017
8:03 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 255

Global Poker is insanely soft. I would consider the 10nl and lower games to be 2-3x softer than on Bovada/Ignition normal games. Compared to ACR, probably closer to 6x softer. My recommendation would be to deposit a small amount of money on ACR and/or Ignition and do a comparative analysis because its hard to say. 20nl on Global might be 5nl or 2nl on ACR. On Bovada probably 10nl or lower.

September 13, 2017
8:38 am
crance99
Members

Thanks for that advise. I think i will put money on Ignition for a few reasons. 

1. HUD. If i can use it, i think i will help me see my weakness easier and give me more data to work on.

2. Cheaper but harder competition. I would be able to work on my game against harder opponents at a lower level. Its going to take me 6 months or so to build my bank up from $700 to $1,500 so i can play at 50NL. 

While improving my game is the ultimate goal, i am going to stay on Global to make money also.

I think playing both will give me a great complementary skill set. The HUD can pinpoint holes in my game, allow me to rely on stats to help guide my decisions during the game. With out one i have to work on seeing betting patterns and making reads on how they play hands, like i did in my blog.

Alton what sites and levels are you playing now?

September 14, 2017
8:35 am
Admin

Its good to mix things up and play in different player pools. You can use a HUD on Ignition (but not in Zone games), just be aware only Holdem Indicator and DriveHUD works natively there. If you to use Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker, you'll need Ignition Card Catcher. I have all the links here:

http://www.microgrinder.com/po.....ing-tools/

I currently only play on Global Poker up to 20nl (played one session at 50nl), but haven't been on there in a couple weeks working on my book and having Lasik. I tend to stay at the lower stakes since that is what I teach and I don't trust offshore sites like Bovada/Ignition/ACR too much to put a bigger roll on them.

September 16, 2017
6:32 am
crance99
Members

I know you cant see peoples names, but does Holdem Indicator know if you played them before? Or do you have to build a new hand history every time you sit down at a table? The only benefit i see is being able to track/review your game.

September 16, 2017
9:53 pm
Admin

On Iginition, since there are no screen names, its just HUD stats. But they're very useful if you play 1+ hour long sessions because basic HUD stats that occur commonly will converge (VPIP, PFR, STL, CBET) and we can develop reads fairly quickly. For the price, I'd recommend Poker Tracker of Holdem Manager with Ignition Card Catcher instead.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 69

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

simonL: 36

Markku: 34

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

alex1020: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 159

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 184

Newest Members:

Irishlad123, WilliamJacobs, DenTolle, DavidGoar, [email protected], JerseyBluff, MikeNorthRN, Razor, setokaiba69, BigTone

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 255