Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Should I be raising here?
I'm wondering if I should even be making this raise.
May 9, 2017
3:23 pm
U21872
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This is a dollar 9 max sit and go. We’re in the dealer. Bb covers us. I have JJ and raise to 3bb. BB thinks it over a second and makes the call.

BB was one of the more capable players in the field of our 9 max, so it’s fitting he reached the end and we’re headsup. I had seen him play somewhat reggish, not out of line at all.

Anyway, the flop hits 10, 8, 4 all clubs. Bb bets full pot and we are without the jack of clubs. Full pot call is a good portion of my stack. I have about 7 or 8 big blinds left, that I can remember. 

I think it over for a bit. I am without the Jack of clubs, but I’m thinking he doesn’t have two clubs a good portion of the time, so he’s betting with a perhaps made hand of some sort maybe a pair or drawing hand.

I think most paired hands that make a set would have reraised us preflop most of the time. The only small pair I’m thinking that made it was 44 that I need to worry about. I think anything above us like QQ+ would have done the same thing. I mull over smaller pairs like 99,77,66. Then I jam thinking he might have one club with a pair and a good chance to flip or he has no club and made a pair. Should I have gone all in? Why or why not?

May 9, 2017
5:02 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 272

In a 9-man SnG, ICM dictates that with around 10 big blinds or less, you should just be open-jamming with JJ here.

As played, I would just call it off on the flop with an over pair. BB could have Tx, a pair + flush draw, a flush + straight draw, the nut flush draw, etc. all which you beat. But its hard to say not know too much about your opponent and how he plays.

For SnGs, you want to use an ICM calculator to determine your push-fold ranges as well as what you should do in various situations.

The following users say thank you to Alton - MicroGrinder Poker for this useful post:

U21872
May 13, 2017
8:42 am
U21872
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Alton – MicroGrinder Poker said
In a 9-man SnG, ICM dictates that with around 10 big blinds or less, you should just be open-jamming with JJ here.

As played, I would just call it off on the flop with an over pair. BB could have Tx, a pair + flush draw, a flush + straight draw, the nut flush draw, etc. all which you beat. But its hard to say not know too much about your opponent and how he plays.

For SnGs, you want to use an ICM calculator to determine your push-fold ranges as well as what you should do in various situations.  

Where should I go to learn about ICM considerations in micro sit and goes? I’ve been playing quite a bit, but finding my own understanding of ICM rudimentary. 

As played villain turns up with Q,10 no club, just protecting his pair on a full club board. So 10x like you said is very valid. It runs out brick, then jack of clubs. Set over a pair of tens. The good guys scoop up first prize.

May 14, 2017
2:16 am
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 272

You should practice with an ICM trainer, like these:

http://www.icmpoker.com/

http://sngwiz.com/wp/

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

Markku: 38

simonL: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

RandomRivers: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 201

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 212

Newest Members:

tmoney, SeverusRock, Hilarity_Ensues, ZackCruickshank, Sanz, JCalls, DeargDue, TheDarkSoda, Deltax112, Superstickboy

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 272