Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Did i over play this hand?
October 12, 2017
5:51 am
crance99
Members
Forum Posts: 40
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My 2nd hand of the night i wonder if i over played or my logic was correct. Here is the hand.

https://play.globalpoker.com/poker-client/poker/10/hand/59df61b5ea70cd46ac0b39a6

When i see the action on the flop, i don’t put them on much. I expect them all to be drawing due to them limping in early. I figured i was looking at a st8 draw, a flush draw and top pair and maybe 45. After the 3 bet i was thinking he must have a large flush draw or A7. I thought it was to big of a move if you had 77 and flop the nuts. Also why not raise pre-flop with this hand. As i made the all-in bet and talked thru my logic to my son i knew i was dead to 1 hand 77 and if they had it o’well. 

Does anyone see a different way to play this hand or flaw in my logic?

Thanks,

P.S. My work on tilt and not caring about loosing a BI is getting much better. I played for another 45 minutes and didn’t think once about the hand or showed any signs of tilt. Monsters run into monsters it happens.

October 12, 2017
3:27 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 269

Its hard to say, but I wouldn’t recommend 4-bet jamming all-in on the flop. Lots of people open-limp a lot of their range, including hands you and I would open-raise, so on Global never assume people won’t have strong hands in their limping range because a good player would raise that hand. Same goes for post-flop – don’t expect fun recreational players to play like you and I.

On the flop, lead out rather than slow play your hand since you get value from straight draws, flush draws, 7x pairs, over pairs, and weaker 4x hands.

When there is a bet, a raise, and a massive re-raise from weak-passive opponents I’m no longer in love with trips with an 8-kicker. I would advocate calling and re-evaluating the turn because there are lots of 4x hands that beat you. Also, if you have A4, re-raise an amount you will get called by worse (around $8-ish) and jam turn on a blank run out.

Always remember, weak passive opponents get aggressive with good, strong hands and typically don’t over play draws. I would expect bet and raises with the nut flush, a combo draw, over pairs and trips. Massive re-raises are very value oriented, so mainly sets (full house here), trips, and over pairs.

October 13, 2017
5:35 am
crance99
Members
Forum Posts: 40

Thank Alton for that advise. I think the call would have been correct. I just got pulled in from my son’s excitement of hitting trips and wanted to gamble it up for him. 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

Markku: 36

simonL: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

RandomRivers: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 191

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 206

Newest Members:

spiderm4n, t0tg4, ElBand1t0, StudentoftheGame, HunHef, Stephengut, catchsteve, benguela, sailorllc, diegodoss2412

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 269