Flop: (13 BB, 3 players) J:club: T:club: 3:club:
Hero bets 13 BB, BB calls 13 BB, CO calls 13 BB

Turn: (52 BB, 3 players) 7:heart:
Hero bets 52 BB, BB calls 52 BB, CO calls 52 BB

River: (208 BB, 3 players) Q:club:
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets 80 BB, fold, fold

CO wins 274.5 BB

Q: Can we take a donk pot line here?

Guess: I think donking here big is fine because its such a wet board vs 1 fish who we can stack with 2Pair and he will prob. call with a lot of stuff. We dont wanna see any broadways or 4th flushcard, and if it goes chk/chk/chk OTF would be pretty bad.

Q: Should i chk/call or chk/raise OTF?

Guess: I think chk/raise i will rep only a flush and will only get action from the reg (iso-raiser) with better hands, also i think the fish will fold some stuff which he is willing to call if i lead. Chk/call im not sure, because i dont wanna give free cards if they both decide to chk OTF.

ReplyQuote
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
(@microgrinder)
Member Admin
February 25, 2018 11:42 am  

This is the dilemma of set-mining out of position and why set-mining is much more preferable in position.

So you answer is yes to both. Under the correct circumstances, either donk betting or looking to take a check-raise line is okay. The answer is it depends. It depends on primarily on CO. How often does CO c-bet after iso-raising a limper? What is CO's perceived pre-flop iso-raising range? If CO has a strong perceived iso-raising range and c-bets a lot on the flop, then a check-raise is preferable, if not, donk betting is preferable with 3 or more opponents on a wet board texture.

Also, if you perceive CO to not have too strong of an iso-raising range and the limper isn't a calling station, you should probably for your hand pre-flop.

When you do donk bet, your sizing is on the large size. A pot-sized bet on the flop and turn is a bit too much if you want to ensure you extract value. I would recommend a 3/4 pot-sized bet.

On a side note, I'd recommend taking a note on these specific opponents noting their tendency to call massively large pot-sized bets (most likely chasing draws) on a wet board texture.

ReplyQuote
Share: