Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
JAY from NJ!
New guy at microgrinder, trying to make progress and learn as much as I can!
August 9, 2017
1:44 am
5_bet_lite
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey everyone , excited to be in microgrinder community! My name is jay and I've been playing nlhe on and off for about 5 years. This is however the first community I'll be a part of and I'm stoked! I'm on the East coast of the good ol USA, NewJersey TO BE EXACT! I used to play live , before all my finances unfortunately got wrapped up in a medical family situation but that's life. During that time I was a bad reg lol, sometimes super nitty sometimes super agrotard but never making the appropriate adjustments at the appropriate times. I'm starting from almost scratch again, (40 BI @ 10NL) ...and from 2013 live 2-5 games, to 2017 nl10, I'm really struggling! Seems the games have gotten a bit tougher, but are still beatable and I'm here to work on my game, maybe make a study group w some ppl, sweat sessions, and maybe make some buddies while I'm at it, and eventually buy some courses if the bankroll heads in the right direction!  Alton thanks for creating this for everyone , I'm trying to use it to advance my game and hopefully everyone else is too . Feel free to pm me about whatever. Just joined here so gonna give myself a tour of the site! Later!

August 13, 2017
5:45 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 239

Welcome! I have had a student in New Jersey. Going from 2-5NL to 10NL is definitely an adjustment, as well as (like you said), games have gotten tougher.

This forum is kind of slow, so if you do want to try to start a study group, check out the micro stakes forum on 2+2 - there is a thread / sub-forum for starting study groups...I think you'll get some good responses there.

I've seen the players on PokerStars New Jersey through watching one of my students and I have to say, the games shouldn't be that tough to beat. Also, check out GlobalPoker.com - really soft player pool, so a good re-introduction to online poker!

The following users say thank you to Alton - MicroGrinder Poker for this useful post:

5_bet_lite
August 13, 2017
11:23 pm
5_bet_lite
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Hey Alton thanks for the reply man! So I ended up doing conquer micros course on Udemy (am currently doing I should say) and so far it's perfect. Just enough refresher stuff for me and just enough material for me to sharpen up on i.e. Combocounting handreview analysis etc etc. thanks for everything and especially for ur input on some of these things! Hopefully we can get this forum going strong again? Later man! (Also may be interested in 1v1 coaching in near future, would it be cool to PM you when I'm ready? Not sure if your available for that as u said you have a full daily schedule, but lmk) thanks again!

August 14, 2017
2:44 am
Roachz
Members
Forum Posts: 11

Unfortunately im from the EU and i'm playing a few limits lower then yourself (nl2 )so im not the ideal candidate for your studygroup but will definitely follow your blog! Will hang in here on this forum because i like the smallness of it and Anton really is a good teacher! 

Hope to hear more from your adventures at the tables! 🙂

August 15, 2017
2:54 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 239

5_bet_lite said
Hey Alton thanks for the reply man! So I ended up doing conquer micros course on Udemy (am currently doing I should say) and so far it's perfect. Just enough refresher stuff for me and just enough material for me to sharpen up on i.e. Combocounting handreview analysis etc etc. thanks for everything and especially for ur input on some of these things! Hopefully we can get this forum going strong again? Later man! (Also may be interested in 1v1 coaching in near future, would it be cool to PM you when I'm ready? Not sure if your available for that as u said you have a full daily schedule, but lmk) thanks again!  

Glad you're enjoying the course and its a good refresher.

Doubt this forum will get too busy...most poker forums are really quiet except for the big ones. But it would be nice.

Regarding coaching, I don't offer 1v1 coaching anymore - just not enough time. I always recommend Paul Regan of Regitime Poker School for people that want 1v1 coaching.

Cheers!

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 32

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 57

superunkn0wn: 39

simonL: 36

Markku: 34

crance99: 26

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

alex1020: 7

Dandolos: 6

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 146

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 169

Newest Members:

RyanCaleb, Oli, banksjl, arissam, leverettjl, junior22, wbhAA88, Syndergaarden, abbeenormal, Korvikan

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 239