Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Hi from Germany
September 18, 2017
1:37 pm
Oli
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Poker-Heads,

after reading the ebook version of “Essential Poker Math” and later on the updated printed version it’s time to register on this site now. I’ve been following poker a few years (TV / YouTube etc) but since 1.5 years I’m playing micro stakes at PokerStars with up- and downswings. After reading a lot of books to get the fundamentals down I now try to get away from a maybe too tight style to a more well balanced style. Therefore I try to memorize every little hint from the poker videos and of course every advice you guys can give me :).

Regards from Germany

Oli

September 18, 2017
6:36 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 272

Welcome Oli.

Word of advice: a balanced approach to poker at the micro stakes is not the most optimal strategy. A semi-balanced approach that leans towards value betting, selected semi-bluffing and bluffing, and exploiting bad players is much more optimal at the micros. Playing tight is perfectly fine, so long as you play tight “properly” both pre and post-flop.

September 20, 2017
3:20 pm
Oli
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Hi Alton,

that’s what I wanted to express by saying “balanced” play style – at least in a way. Now I’m playing a tight game. Sometimes my online reads are perfect and it’s cool to see that you’ve put the villain at the right hand range. But on the other side there are that “what have you done there” -EV plays :). My goal is to better identify the situations when to be aggressive and when small-ball is ok. Another part I want to improve is getting decent pre-flop opening / raising ranges and folding good against better hands (“hero” folds). A lot of work I know but when I’m grey and old … :).

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

Markku: 38

simonL: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

RandomRivers: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 201

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 212

Newest Members:

tmoney, SeverusRock, Hilarity_Ensues, ZackCruickshank, Sanz, JCalls, DeargDue, TheDarkSoda, Deltax112, Superstickboy

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 272