Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Roachz Blog
6 Max NL2 to the Sky!
August 11, 2017
4:06 am
Roachz
Members
Forum Posts: 11
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi All,

So this is the start of my Blog.

Personal information :

RL name is Kevin, i am 31 years old and im from the Netherlands

I have been playing for for as long as i can remember, played it all, STT, SNG’s, MTT’s en FR but never with huge success. I have a huge mental leak that when i get somewhat good in something i am afraid of failure and stop it all together. But this wont stop me now! 

Currently i am playing on Pokerstars ($59,04) and on 888 ($14,49) but looking for another EU site to play on. I dont really like Pokerstars because they are doing really strange things lately and on 888 i can only buyin with 50BB on NL2. Any suggestions? I want to play with a hud so anonymous tables are not really an option. ( or can i use a HUD on those sites? But i guess tableselect is out of the question then? ). 

I have bought all Alton courses on Udemy and currently working through ” Crush Micro Stakes Online Poker: The Complete Mastery Guide”.  This is helping me allot! 

My long term goals are : Get good and reach NL10, learn to multitable and when my BR is big enough play some MTT’s in the weekend.

My short term goals are : Find another poker room, Find my biggest leaks, keep learning!, play some more poker! Dont have allot of time since i leave home at 7 and come back at 7  but will try to free up some time!, find some people who wants to discuss hands and learn together!

Leaks :

The leaks i have already identified are :

– Mental leaks (I dont have allot of confidence in my poker skill at this time. If i d oget confidence i usually give up something becaus im afraid of failure but i just have to push past that!)

– Playing to tight (afraid to take a risk, this is getting better but its hard to change this)

– Calling when a fish overbets me on the turn becaus i have an overpair or something. (read everywhere if a fish raises you big on the turn. Get out!)

My Stats :

Pokerstars : 

Image Enlarger

888 Poker :

Image Enlarger

Regards,

Roachz

August 13, 2017
5:38 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 269

Welcome Kevin to the forum. Nice intro! I unfortunately can’t provide any recommendations for sites since I live in the United States. Both PokerStars and 888 are very good, reputable sites, but I know there’s a lot more options. I’d recommend checking out the rakeback special / site recommendations on PokerVIP.com. 

Good job identifying your leaks. You may want to read a book such as The Mental Game of Poker to help. I haven’t read it, but here its a good reads from lots of people.

August 14, 2017
3:19 am
Roachz
Members

Alton – MicroGrinder Poker said
Welcome Kevin to the forum. Nice intro! I unfortunately can’t provide any recommendations for sites since I live in the United States. Both PokerStars and 888 are very good, reputable sites, but I know there’s a lot more options. I’d recommend checking out the rakeback special / site recommendations on PokerVIP.com. 

Good job identifying your leaks. You may want to read a book such as The Mental Game of Poker to help. I haven’t read it, but here its a good reads from lots of people.  

Hi Alton, thanks for the reply! Will have a look at that book. Maybe its something i can start reading after i completed the first course.  Thinking of starting to play on partypoker, they have anonymous tables but you can use a hud for the sessions. Unfortunately cannot really tableselect so will need a good hard look at this. Will check out PokerVIP.

August 25, 2017
1:20 am
Roachz
Members

Finally time for a quick update.

Failed 1 of my goals, play more poker so thats bad. Also did not have any time left these 2 weeks to go further into the course. Maybe its a bit mental but i am now at the point of Odds/outs and that always have been a weakpoint for me. Calculating pot odds seems to be so alien for me that i am kinda scared maybe to start the course? I am not sure. Maybe ill go trough those lessons real fast and not pay to much attention and start the ” Essential poker math” course after this one. Thinking of also buying the book so i can read it when im traveling to/from work and i dont want to watch udemy on my phone.

Started the discord channel, we now have 2 really active users Chowzor and Crance99, they seem to really know their stuff! Impressed by them. But also not really have much time to participate. Also because im EU and they are from USA/Canada. 

They were talking about GlobalPoker and having seen the MicroGrinder youtube about this room i also made an account on there. Since i am from the EU i cannot cash you, not that i ever have before but would be nice to cash out 1 time in my life :- ) hopefully they will be EU friendly in the future. Kinda sad though that you cannot download a HH for session review. But dont think i will make this my main room. Since i see myself as a beginner it is vital for me to have a HH to review. So 888 will be my main poker room for now. 

These last 2 weeks i have played  only 496 hands on 888 poker. 

Total Hands Net Won USD bb/100 VPIP PFR 3Bet WTSD% W$SD% Agg Agg%
496 $1.60 16.13 16.98 12.42 3.68 30.23 57.69 1.72 23.98

So not really allot of hands 🙁 

Next Tuesday i am going to my own house (kinda live with my gf in Amsterdam now but i have my own apartment) since i need to do stuff there. So then i am behind my own PC with a big screen and can play all evening long! and play some the next day when i get back. So looking forward to that! Finally a ‘free’ evening without my GF ^_^ 

My goal before Tuesday is to finish 3 more sections of the course. Important Math concepts, Post-flop Basics, Flop play and Continuation bets. 

Like i said previously, i am going over the Math pretty fast and will focuss more on it during the course build around Math.

Have a good grind all! 🙂

August 30, 2017
7:17 am
Roachz
Members

So, time for an update.

I did not have a good week as you can see below :

888 poker :

499 (-$2.48) -24.85 14.7 11 1.34 24 50 3.33 22.73

Pokerstars :

482 (-$1.72) -17.84 16.24 13.28 3.73 25.45 57.14 2.7 28.26

The biggest loses are 3 times AA getting cracked on the River and 2 times my set getting cracked. Although the losses are not really big but in combination with not hitting anything with the rest of the cards im a bit tilted. So decided to update my blog to write a little about it. Feel a bit better already 🙂

Although i have a bit of poker knowledge and know one or 2 things about it i do feel lost when playing. At this moment i do not feel confident that i can ever beat NL2 with my knowledge so i need to study more with my limited time. 

I went over the Math section and its not so hard, just need to play with it more. Alton gave a nice overview of how many % what is so will save it on my phone and go over them every day.

I am now less tilted so typing this all and go over it again in my head really helped. 

Have a good grind all! 🙂

August 30, 2017
2:45 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 269

Nice detailed update. A word of caution – don’t worry about your individual session results in terms of your win rate. You won’t know your true win rate until around 40k hands. Instead focus on how well you played each individual hand from start to finish and ensure your thought process is sound.

I’d recommend posting some hands in your blog, outlining your thought process for each. Keep up the studying and in time you’ll be able to beat 2nl!

September 1, 2017
6:23 am
crance99
Members
Forum Posts: 40

One good thing i started to do is record my sessions. You can use free software on your computer. i just started it this week and have seen the benefits. I talk my way thru every decision. Its nice to review a 15 minute video before i play my next session. I plan on posting them in YouTube (private) and posting a link on my blog on here when i start it next week.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

simonL: 36

Markku: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

alex1020: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 191

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 206

Newest Members:

spiderm4n, t0tg4, ElBand1t0, StudentoftheGame, HunHef, Stephengut, catchsteve, benguela, sailorllc, diegodoss2412

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 269