Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
HUD?
HUD type
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
December 2, 2016
8:42 am
Scott
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Alton,

I’m enjoying this course as I have your others. It’s perfect for me because I have been on an extended downswing due to a combination of variance (really? sucking out quad 5s on the river when I had you all in for 120 BB with set over set?) and a failed experiment at trying to implement a LAG strategy. The latter is probably not ideal at 5 and 10NL, and the former highlighted the larger swings one must endure with that style!

Anyway, back to value-oriented TAG play for me, and much better so far. Plus, I took advantage of Paul’s coaching special and have joined his group of students 🙂

My question is, what HUD are you using in the videos for this course? I see that you are using PT4 for a DB, but that does not look like a PT4 HUD..? I use PT4 and have really tweaked my HUD, but I don’t like the kludgy method for time banking necessitated by the Card Catcher utility. Are you able to avoid this?

Thanks,

Scott

December 3, 2016
1:21 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 269

Hi Scott – glad you’re enjoying this course and also glad you signed up for Paul’s coaching…its an amazing deal!

I’m using PT4 with Card Catcher. I created my own HUD profile to make it look similar to Holdem Indicator since I like the way Holdem Indicator looks. I haven’t had any issues with Card Catcher with time banking.

December 4, 2016
9:10 am
Scott
Members

Thanks, Alton.  That’s what had me fooled – nice work.  I am experimenting with DriveHUD right now, and kind of like it, though it is still in it’s early stages.

A related question: what tiling software do you use?  I know you mentioned it in one of your videos, but can’t remember exactly where.

Best,

Scott

December 4, 2016
6:04 pm
Admin

You’re welcome Scott. I never heard of DriveHUD before; I’ll have to check it out.

I use table tamer. Its pretty cool software and is free to use at 5nl and 10nl.

December 4, 2016
8:32 pm
Scott
Members

Yeah, DriveHUD is eye candy, for sure ?, but also very functional.

Tried out Table Tamer tonight – very cool!  So nice to be able to create buttons for 2/3 bet and 3/4 bet pot.  I also enabled auto calc of bet sizing for first in, 3b IP and OOP, and displays for SPR and pot equity.  Very nice!

Thanks! 

Scott

December 6, 2016
7:30 pm
Admin

Do you consider DriveHUD easy to use? I might have to give it a try and do a review of it on my YouTube Channel.

I only use TableTamer for tiling then I turn it off since I don’t like the way it highlights tables when I’m playing…but the hotkeys functions and auto bet-sizing is a really nice feature!

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

simonL: 36

Markku: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

alex1020: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 191

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 206

Newest Members:

spiderm4n, t0tg4, ElBand1t0, StudentoftheGame, HunHef, Stephengut, catchsteve, benguela, sailorllc, diegodoss2412

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 269