Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Question about open calling range on website
May 12, 2017
12:30 am
Bushstar
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Looking at the diagrams for open calling ranges in the image below, it shows that the BTN open calling range is smaller than CO and SB. Is this correct as my understanding is that the BTN will have the widest calling range?

Open Calling RangesImage Enlarger

The above image came from the page below.

May 12, 2017
1:49 pm
Markku
Helsinki, Finland
Members
Forum Posts: 34
May 13, 2017
7:12 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 264

Hi, I’m get this question a lot and its because most people don’t read the narrative above the ranges:

When I say “UTG” Open Calling Range, I am providing a starting point range of hands you can call an open raise from UTG. The same goes for MP, CO, BTN, and SB. So MP Open Calling Range is not the hands you should call from MP, but the hands you can call from an open raise from MP. This is the same for my 3-betting ranges. So please don’t get this mixed up because it can be a bit confusing if you mis-read the diagrams.

Regarding calling an open-raise from the BTN, you will be calling from the SB or BB. That is why we are calling less overall than if “in general” we called a raise from the CO because sometimes we’ll be on the BTN (in position) and sometimes in the blinds.

This is by no means a comprehensive discussion of calling ranges, but just a primer.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 83

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

simonL: 36

Markku: 34

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

alex1020: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 165

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 195

Newest Members:

Lockenfeller, EEZurg, getitdone, John C. Burton, aceketball, ranger, Irishlad123, WilliamJacobs, DenTolle, DavidGoar

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 264