Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
getting an edge on other TAG's
September 10, 2017
7:34 pm
leverettjl
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

In the low stakes and occasionally in the micro stakes the games tend to be populated by other TAG's.  The strategy on your site is good for exploiting weak players, but it seems like a lot of people are aware of the things you teach in your courses.  As you say, there are a lot more competent players nowadays.  How can I get an edge on those players?

September 11, 2017
6:44 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 239
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There's a lot that goes into it. Learn the fundamentals of "balanced" play. Understand counter strategies for playing against decent players. Try to exploit their weaknesses. This is a tough question to answer because it depends on each individual opponent and their tendencies. Certain courses of mine discuss strategies for playing against better opponents. So it also depends on what courses you've taken too.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 32

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 57

superunkn0wn: 39

simonL: 36

Markku: 34

crance99: 26

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

alex1020: 7

Dandolos: 6

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 146

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 169

Newest Members:

RyanCaleb, Oli, banksjl, arissam, leverettjl, junior22, wbhAA88, Syndergaarden, abbeenormal, Korvikan

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 239