Important Forum Announcement

Notice: Due to a website error, I had to revert to a backup of the forum, so some user accounts and posts were unfortunately deleted. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Moving up from $10NL
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 26, 2016
9:37 pm
QuietJim
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Looks like this place was jumpin 6 months ago

I play $10NL a couple hours a day I’m into the 30 NL course I’m going to take a shot sometime next week

I’m in New Jersey playing on Poker StarsNJ where there are usually only 2 or 3 tables of 30 running during peak and 1 or 2 during the day 1 of which will break in 1-15 minutes. I’m only looking to play 2 tables 90% of the time. Since I’m moving up, with the learning curve, would it be better to not open a 30 and a 10 or a 30 and a 10Z and just stick to the 30 even if I have to play 1 table due to too few players or 1 of the 2 tables being too tough? The strategy is the same but the regs are better and the recs are better or much worse. I think if I play the same and just use the hud the additional hands would be worth it.

Second: I think buying in for$18 or $20 is a good idea. It lowers variance helps keep me off tilt and I can confidently get it in PF with JJ or AK at +EV below 100bb effective Also I’m taking a shot more than actually moving up so 10 Buyins would be $180 for 60bb instead of 5 for $250 for 100bb BR is not an issue.

If none of this makes sense that’s ok

What do you think is better for the Microstakes game Poker Snowie or Advanced Poker Training?

What do you think

Jim

November 27, 2016
8:59 am
QuietJim
Members
Forum Posts: 4

How did you set up HEM to have an alias for an entire poker network ?

thank you

November 28, 2016
3:35 pm
Alton - MicroGrinder Poker
Admin
Forum Posts: 269

Paul hasn’t been monitoring this for his course since the forum has been quiet, so I’ll take a shot at answering this question.

• Regarding playing 1-table of 30nl and 1-table of 10nl, I like this approach and often recommend it. I makes moving up less risky.
  • Regarding buying in for less than 100bb; I’m not the biggest fan but its up to you. If there’s a fish on the table with a 100bb stack, you should buy-in for the same to ensure you can stack him for 100bb.
  • I haven’t used an AI training software, so I can’t recommend either of the two.
  • I use PT4, so I can’t comment on setting up a HEM alias either.
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 34

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Siego7: 91

crance99: 40

superunkn0wn: 39

Markku: 36

simonL: 36

thrilaras7: 21

frogmoreace: 14

Roachz: 11

leverettjl: 8

RandomRivers: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 191

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 31

Topics: 206

Newest Members:

spiderm4n, t0tg4, ElBand1t0, StudentoftheGame, HunHef, Stephengut, catchsteve, benguela, sailorllc, diegodoss2412

Moderators: regitime: 10

Administrators: Alton - MicroGrinder Poker: 269